Connecting • Embracing • Transforming
Young Trailblazers Scholarship
The 2022 Application Is Now Open!
The LIVE OUT LOUD Young Trailblazers Scholarship was created to provide financial support to LGBTQ+ identifying youth with financial need. Through this scholarship, LGBTQ+ youth can apply for funds to pay for education-related expenses to pursue a degree from an accredited college, university, or technical/vocational program. This year Live Out Loud is awarding scholarships of $5,000.00.
Applications are due by March 7th, 2022.
Winners will be notified on April 22nd, 2022
- This award is open only to graduating high school seniors who identify as LGBTQ+.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll in a university, college, technical/vocational school, or other post-secondary programs.
- Applicants need to be from the Tri-State area including New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
- Applicants must send (a) the completed application form, (b) the required essay / other formatted responses, and (c) two letters of recommendation.
- Finalists must participate in an individual interview that will be scheduled in April 2022.
- Awards are given only to applicants approved by the Scholarship Committee based on the
criteria above and outlined in this application.
- All applications this year should be submitted digitally, via e-mail to the Manager of Educational Programs, Martine Bowman, at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- To submit your application digitally, download the application and complete all questions. Your completed application may be submitted as an attachment in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format, or as a Google document. The subject line of your email should appear as follows: “Preferred First and Last Name – Scholarship Application”
Letters of Recommendation
- Students must submit two letters of recommendations from academic and/or organization professionals that attest to their prior commitment to LGBTQ+ issues, or their potential to be a courageous leader in the future. Please have recommenders email their letters directly to Martine Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Awarding Process
- Awards will not be distributed until Live Out Loud receives all required documentation,
including a copy of the acceptance letter from the institution the student will attend and
verification of attendance by the relevant admissions office. Live Out Loud will distribute awards directly to the educational institution only, and only upon verification of
- Please direct any questions to the Manager of Educational Programs, Martine Bowman, at